Please note the first round of shortlisting will take place before this advert closes, on Thursday 10th March. Early applications are encouraged.
Looking for the next step in your career progression and the opportunity to work for a dynamic charity that shapes young people’s lives, boosts social mobility and strengthens society?
Young Citizens is an education charity working in primary and secondary schools to help educate, inspire and motivate the active citizens of tomorrow. Since 1989 Young Citizens (formerly known as the Citizenship Foundation), has helped millions of young people understand society’s democratic structures, and the rights and responsibilities of its citizens by running a range of programmes and experiences for young people, with the help of thousands of volunteers.
Apply via Third Sector Jobs.
About the Role
The Director of Finance and Operations manages the support services function to ensure the effective internal management of the organisation and the creation of an effective platform from which the service delivery teams can operate. This will allow the CEO to focus on policy, networking, communications, project development and delivery.
- Lead on financial management and annual budget setting processes within the organisation, including financial controls, planning and maintenance of systems
- Support Human Resources processes and procedures
- Lead on risk management, legal and governance processes
- Act as the Company Secretary and manage audit process, ensuring all required statutory returns are completed
- Strategic oversight and delivery of operational systems, protocol and contracts, including deployment of ICT and support systems for the office
- Manage the support team including HR Administrator, Finance Executive and added support roles as needed
The successful candidate will have the chance to help shape the strategic future of a busy, growing youth charity whilst being hands-on as a leader within the organisation. Whilst financial qualification and senior experience managing operational systems is required, we welcome candidates from varied backgrounds.
You will have a base at our offices near Liverpool Street with the opportunity for flexible hybrid working.
In addition to joining a friendly, dynamic and supportive staff team, Young Citizens offers a generous employee benefits package including an 8% employer pension contribution, 28 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays) and additional volunteering leave. We even give you your birthday off!
- To ensure your application is reviewed, please be sure to see the Recruitment Pack that includes more information on what to include in your application. In place of a generic Covering, Letter candidates must provide a personal statement answering the 3 short questions which are outlined in the recruitment pack.
- Closing date for applications: 12pm, Sunday, 20th March. Please note applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, therefore please do not wait to apply via Third Sector Jobs.
- All candidates must have the existing right to work in the UK.
Please note that Young Citizens is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people that we work with and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A background or DBS check may be required for any eventual appointment.