Could you be our new Communications & Digital Marketing Coordinator?
Looking for the next step in your career progression and the opportunity to work for a dynamic charity that shapes young people’s lives, boosts social mobility and strengthens society? Then you have arrived at the right place!
Young Citizens helps young people become active, engaged and motivated citizens, who can contribute positively to their communities – whether those communities are local, national or global. We believe that by helping young people play a full part in their communities, we can help strengthen democratic society.
The Communications and Digital Marketing Coordinator will help build awareness and engagement in our work through our digital channels including email, social media, websites (SEO, Google Ads) and strong stakeholder communications. The role will provide an essential function as the chief producer of digital media and marketing content while administrating our communications processes.
The post-holder will help to coordinate our strategic communications to schools and lend their expertise to create engaging and relevant copy and support colleagues across the organisation with their communication plans to other audiences including corporate responsibility professionals, funders and individual donors. For full details view the recruitment pack below.
In return of this varied and exciting role working in a supportive and flexible work environment, Young Citizens offer a great employee package including 28 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), 8% employer pension contribution, volunteer leave and even your birthday off!
“It is an exciting time to be joining the Communications Team. Over the next three years, we have set ambitious targets to grow the number of partners we work with, and raise our visibility so that there is an increased awareness about the value and importance of citizenship education in schools.” – Ashley Hodges, CEO, Young Citizens
Submit your application
To apply, you should provide an up-to-date CV and 3 examples from your portfolio to showcase your abilities. In addition, please submit a Personal Statement that answers the following four questions within the bracketed maximum word limits. The job description, person specification and how to apply is also detailed in the Recruitment Pack.
1) Why are you interested in working at Young Citizens as the next step in your career? Please be sure to include reference to the aims of the charity as well as your fit for the role requirements. (200 words)
2) Give an example of a communications campaign you have helped design and execute. What was the theme? Which elements did you manage directly? This could be social media, or multi-channel. (200 words)
3) One of the challenges of our charity is that we have multiple stakeholders including teachers, corporate professionals and young people. What would be your approach to ensure these are managed appropriately across our channels? Please provide any explicit experience you have in managing communications for these audiences. (200 words)
4) Please provide examples of your communications work. These should be 3 pieces of content created and deployed by you, with at least one being a social media post. Pamphlets, flyers, impact reports, website pages, or promotional videos are also acceptable formats. (200 words)
Please note our process for this role:
- All applications must include a CV, personal statement and 3 portfolio examples to be considered;
- First round interviews will be held no later than Wednesday 28th July, but we will be actively reviewing applications from the 8th July with potential to interview ahead of this date;
- We are asking that candidates are able to start no later than the 1st of September;
- All applicants must have the existing right to legally work in the UK.
All application documents should be submitted through our advertisement on the Charity Job website by 9am, Thursday 22nd July. Incomplete applications or those received after this time will not be reviewed.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity with our Director of Partnerships and Communications, please contact Richard John (email@example.com or 0207 566 4152).
If you have not heard from us within 7 working days after the closing date, it means your application was not shortlisted on this occasion. However, this should not detract you from applying for other suitable opportunities.
Please note that Young Citizens is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people that we work with and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.